Help U Rent - The Key to Your New Home
   Guilford County
   Pleasant Garden
   Rockingham County

   Randolph County
   Davidson County
   Archdale - Trinity

   Haw River
   Orange County
   Alamance County

   Davie County
   Yadkin County
   Stokes County
   Forsyth County

   Many Pet Friendly
   Many Section 8 OK
   Many No Credit Chk
   Many Option To Buy
   All Areas Sizes Prices

Tenant Information
Change Of Address
Directions and Contact
Privacy Policy
Terms of Use
About Us
Site Map

Tenants - Information You Should Know

Getting your foot in the door starts with being prepared...

Before meeting with a prospective landlord gather the following information and bring it with you: a completed rental application, a list of references from previous landlords, and a current copy of your credit report. You'll be amazed by the favorable response you receive for just a little forethought.

Read the fine print. Nothing could be more unpleasant then discovering after you move in that the lease prohibits pets or places restrictions on guests. If you plan on running a home business or want to make design changes... make sure they are approved in the lease agreement. The security deposit refund policy must also be spelled out in your lease or rental agreement.

To avoid disputes or misunderstandings after you move in, get it in writing and keep copies of all correspondence. Follow up on oral commitments by sending your landlord a letter affirming your understanding of any oral agreements made.

Tenant rights vary from state-to-state so don't be caught off guard. Knowing your legal rights will help you protect them. For example, A landlord must give you notice before entering the premises but each state has their own protocol as to how much notice must be given. You are entitled to live in a habitable rental unit. If your rental unit is not kept in good repair you have a number of options available to you that also vary from state-to-state.

Maintain the lines of communication. If there's a problem talk with the landlord to see if the issue can be resolved amicably. Purchase renters' insurance to protect your valuables. Your landlord's insurance policy will not cover your losses.

Once you have secured a lease you`ll need to complete a Change Of Address form with the Post Office. You can go to the Post Office and get the form or you can fill it out and submit it online with the link below.

USPS Change Of Address

©2005 Help U Rent
©2005 Help U Rent